There are many places a tourist cannot miss when visiting Herzegovina, most of which are a natural wonder of sorts. Some of these places are:
- The waterfall of Kravice- a waterfall 28 meters high located near the city of Ljubuški provides the observing eye unforgettable view of the several divided waterfalls of the river Trebižat( the river itself changes 8 names-Culuša – Ričina – Suvaja – Matica – Vrljika – Tihaljina – Mlade – Trebižat- as it submerges and re-emerges from the limey ground on which almost entirety of Hercegovina lies upon) and gives a sense of satisfaction to all visitors.
- Blagaj- a location placed above the spring of river Buna, which is the biggest lime spring in the entire Europe, is a place filled with architecture sights such as Blagaj’s fort from 15th century and old dervish tekija.
- Počitelj- a place located near the city of Čapljina most famous for both Bosnian (the fort) and Ottoman (mosques) heritage that left this little community filled with sights of medieval architecture with a rare influence from both Europe and Middle East. This small location was a place in which both cultures spread their influence and created unimaginable pieces of art that are rarely found in the Balkan area.
- Međugorje- a small place in Herzegovina most famous by its story of the apparition of Virgin Mary to a handful of shepherd children in 1981. Today it hosts a large group of people attending masses and it serves as a place of pilgrimage to people from Italy and Spain to Japan. Many people gather there to climb the hill in which the apparition was visible to the children and many people claim to this day that they either got healed from being in the area or that they themselves have caught a glimpse of what those children saw that fateful day.
- Trebinje- a location in Herzegovina that has been populated from paleolit (stone age) and it is crowded with interesting things and sights as it resembles the Croatian city of Dubrovnik (many people call it mini Dubrovnik) but is quite cheaper and more accessible during the summer season.